S01.E03: Daughter Dearest 2014.07.15

Ok, so my TV listings say there is no episode airing tonight, although TheTVDB and some other places still have it listed as airing today.  However there is no mention of this ep on the Lifetime website. TV Guide indicates it will air next week at 8:00/7:00 while the 4th episode airs at 9:00/8:00.  So, whatever.  I think the ratings are so bad that Lifetime doesn't even care anymore.

Whenever it airs, here's the description:

Abby heads to Indiana, and finds a dance studio whose owner is neglecting the other kids to focus on her own daughter, the star dancer... but is she actually hurting her daughter by keeping her at the studio, instead of allowing her to pursue her career?

Now it sounds like she's just recruiting new moms for Dance Moms, doesn't it?

Share Post

That does sound like Abby is going to try more poaching.  The listings are a jumble.  The schedule on Lifetime shows two episodes of Abby tonight but without an episode description.  It's messing up my DVR setting.

Share Post

I'm guessing those were reruns of the first two eps?

I don't know.  I just know it's not even listed on LIfetime's episode guide and I see no promo at the top of the home page that says "All New Episode, July 15" or whatever.  So I have no idea what's going on.

The ratings are so bad that I suppose it's possible that Lifetime is going to pull it before next week and so hasn't bothered advertising. 

Share Post

My Comcast Guide shows this episode as a "repeat" next week with Episode 4, but it did not air last night for sure, I checked it was the Little LA Gals show.  So I had to to place a record on next week's as it it would not pick up a "repeat" in the series recording. 

I bet it is the shitty ratings, gives me hope that America is fed up with Abby's cruelty - now if I could quit her, not sure why she is like crack to me.  Laughs.

Edited by NextIteration.

Share Post

Thanks for checking it.  I forgot until 10:05.  The first two shows are "On Demand" so I'm hoping the third one will be also. 

Share Post

I found the same thing on Comcast last night... an entire evening of the "little women" shows and no Abby.

Share Post

Yeah, that's what the TV Guide listings actually said, at least when I looked at them.  Didn't check my cable listings.

Just went the website and Lifetime still hasn't included any ep beyond 2 in the episode guide.  No promotion of when it's airing next either.  That seems weird to me.

I'd bet good money (you know, if I had any) that they're going to pull it, if not this coming week, the week after.  Maybe the plan is to burn off eps 3 and 4 and then announce cancellation.  It will be interesting to see if they will make the remaining episodes filmed available online ala "I Wanna Marry Harry."  Does anyone know how many they filmed?

Share Post

Trying to find how many episodes were made I found this on Celebrity Dirty Laundry

EDITOR’S NOTE: Due to a programming change at Lifetime this episode has been rescheduled for next week July 15th, 2014.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Still no answer to how many episodes have been ordered or made.

ETA:  So far I'm only finding evidence for six episodes. 

Edited by Absolom.

Share Post

Or maybe they're going to burn off two each week for the next two weeks and just get it over with?

Share Post

That's looking like a good possibility.  The show seems DOA. 

Share Post

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll see more than two.  Promo today for regular Dance Moms returning July 29 and again no Abby Studio Rescue on the DVR schedule or TitanTV.  I don't think they update the schedule on the Lifetime website very often and it still shows Abby like it did last week.  Does anyone see it listed anywhere except Lifetime? 

Share Post

Comcast is showing all Little Women of LA or whatever it is here.  And? it flipped to record it which I never set it to do!

Share Post

I feel the same way. Lifetime should have the courtesy to post when and if the show is cancelled or returning. My Tivo recorded the Little Women show & shows nothing new for the next 2 weeks. Seems strange to me that if they already taped the show even if ratings sucked that they would opt to show reruns when many shows are on hiatus till fall.

Share Post

So we're getting Studio Rescue, Dance Moms and the new show featuring Asia all at once?

Share Post

So far they aren't really telling us.  Studio Rescue just vanished from the schedule and Lifetime isn't a big enough channel for someone in the industry to comment on it.  I thought Asia was going to air along with the new episodes of Dance Moms but there has been almost zero promotion of that show.  It's looking like we'll find out on 7/29 when we see what airs.  I kind of hope the Asia shows fares the same or worse than Studio Rescue. 

Share Post

Sigh, I think I've lost my soul because in my estimation this was the best episode of any Abby show - eesh, it even made me cry.

That studio has some amazing dancers.

Share Post